Last updated November 2023
Lintbells Limited is committed to safeguarding your Personal Data. Whenever you provide Personal Data, we are legally obliged to use it in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of Personal Data.
This Policy provides you with information about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your Personal Data at Lintbells Limited, including our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Lintbells,” “we,” “us” or “our”) through our websites, mobile applications, email, social media and other sites that display this Policy (collectively, the “Sites”). This Policy will also apply to information gathered from you in person whether it is over the phone, face to face at exhibitions, events or vet practices (also, the “Sites”).
The Sites include the following UK websites operated by Lintbells:
Your Personal Data includes information or a combination of information that could directly or indirectly be used to identify you (“Personal Data”); for example, your name, address, email address, mobile number, IP address or location data.
- Who we are
- Lintbells Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05928692. We are a manufacturer of quality, natural pet supplements.
- Our registered office address is: West Barn, Fairclough Hall Farm, Halls Green, Weston, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 7DP and you can write to us at that address.
- You can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone on +44 (0) 1462 416866. Our ICO registration reference is Z979610X.
- We are committed to:
- protecting your privacy when you visit our Site;
- protecting the confidentiality of any information that you provide to us; and
- being transparent about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
- We do our very best to keep your Personal Data secure by the implementation of appropriate technical and organisational security measures. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- This policy explains what we do with your Personal Data, specifically:
- What Personal Data we collect from you and how we collect it.
- Why we collect it and our legal basis for doing so.
- How we use it.
- How we use your data for direct marketing
- Who we share it with.
- Where we store it.
- Third Party Links
- How long we keep it.
- It also explains what Your Rights are with regard to your Personal Data.
- References to the “UK GDPR” are to the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
- Lintbells Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or by phone on +44 (0) 1462 416866.
- What personal data do we collect and how do we collect it?
- We only ever collect the Personal Data that we need from you and keep to a minimum the Personal Data we hold on an ongoing basis.
- We collect and process your Personal Data when you use our Sites and services. This may be Personal Data you provide to us, that we collect about you and/or information we receive from other sources.
Information you give us.
- The Personal Data you give to us may include:
- your name, postal and email addresses and telephone/mobile numbers
- information about your pet(s)
- financial and credit card information
- We ask you to ensure that the Personal Data you provide to us is kept up-to-date and therefore please contact us if you need to amend any records we hold of your Personal Data.
Information we collect about you.
- Each time you use our Sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- the details of the device you use to access our Site;
- your user activity details and preferences;
- your browser history details;
- your location details; and
- your electronic identification data including IP address and information collected through cookies.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We use approved third parties to provide services to us (for example, sub-contractors in payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
- We sometimes combine information that we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information that we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out below.
Why do we collect your personal data and what is our legal basis for doing so?
- The UK GDPR requires us to have a legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Data. The legal basis that we rely on in each case is one of the following:
- you have given us your consent to process your Personal Data (consent);
- processing your Personal Data is necessary for us to fulfil a contract entered into with you, or is necessary for us to do things (at your request) prior to us entering into a contract (contract); or
- we have a legitimate organisational interest where we use your Personal Data in a way that you would reasonably expect, and which has a minimal impact on your privacy (legitimate interests).
- How we use your data.
- The purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data are as follows. In each case we have confirmed which legal basis we rely on:
- to register you with our Site (legitimate interests);
- to provide you with information about our products in response to your enquiry (contract);
- to provide you with the products you have ordered and to invoice you (contract);
- to provide you with information about our other products that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about (legitimate interests);
- to provide you with a more personalised service when you visit our Site (legitimate interests);
- for assessment and analysis; for example, customer and product analysis purposes. These enable us to review, develop and to improve our service to you as well as notifying you of any changes (legitimate interests);
- for direct marketing by email (consent);
- for direct marketing by SMS (text messaging) (consent);
- for direct marketing by post (legitimate interests);
- How we use your data for direct marketing.
- Marketing by us – we would like to contact you by email, SMS and/Post to let you know of any new products or any offers we may be running. If at any time you wish to no longer receive marketing from us, please see ‘Your rights’ within this Policy.
- Marketing by other Companies – We may share your details with other carefully selected companies who we feel may be of interest to you.
- Sharing your information
- We share your information with the following third parties to enable us to provide our services to you.
Direct mail fulfilment house
To deliver marketing and promotional materials to our valued Club customers
Trustpilot - 3rd party review service
To ask you for your feedback on an order you have placed with us directly
Customer relationship management service (B2B)
To better understand our customers and promote Lintbells and its brands
Courier and postal services
To deliver your order
Email software provider
To send your education pet information and promotional offers via email
To share statistics about pet ownership
To maintain Lintbells and its Sites
Payment gateway provider
To process customer orders on our Website
Digital marketing agency
To help us advertise to new and current customers
3rd party basket website app
To offer you products similar to what you are purchasing or have added to your basket
Customer referral programme (Mention Me)
To offer you “Refer a friend” programme https://mention-me.com/help/privacy_policy#referrers
- Our selected third parties are required by us to treat your Personal Data as carefully as we would and can only act on our instructions with regard to their use of your Personal Data.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we will be obliged to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Lintbells or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case our customers’ Personal Data will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation;
- We will never sell your Personal Data and will never share it with a company for marketing purposes.
- The data that we collect from you will be stored within the European Economic Area (EEA). Sometimes we work with external third parties who are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so their processing of your Personal Data will involve transferring your data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your Personal Data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Lintbells acknowledges the CJEU judgment (C-311/18) invalidating the decision (2016/1250) on the adequacy of the protection provided by the EU-US Data Protection Shield (so called Privacy Shield decision). Lintbells is working with its third parties who self-certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework to implement another suitable data transfer mechanism for transferring Personal Data to the United States.
- Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- Keeping your personal data
- We keep Personal Data for no longer than the following time periods:
From enquiries to our Sites/Websites
Duration of enquiry + 2 years
A Customer or consumer's Personal Data
Duration of relationship + 7 years
A Supplier's Personal Data
Duration of relationship + 6 years
- When we no longer need to keep your Personal Data, we undertake to delete it and dispose of it securely.
- You have the following rights in connection with your Personal Data:
- To withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing from the email link or contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- To object to us processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- To obtain a copy of your Personal Data which we hold about you.
- The right in certain circumstances to:
- You have the following rights in connection with your Personal Data:
- have your Personal Data erased
- restrict processing of your Personal Data
- object to the processing of your Personal Data
- have your Personal Data transferred to a third party.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent, then please follow the steps as outlined in the box above.
Your Rights to Opting Out
- You can ask us to stop sending you any marketing messages at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and by phone on +44 (0) 1462 416866.
- You can also opt-out, by unsubscribing from marketing communications in any SMS or email sent to you. If you would like to opt-out of SMS marketing messages, please reply ‘STOP’ to any of the messages you receive from us. To unsubscribe from email marketing please use the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ link at the bottom of each email.
- If you wish to exercise any of your other rights listed in this policy, or that you have in law, then please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling on +44 (0) 1462 416866.
- If you have an issue or complaint arising under this Policy, then in the first instance please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com or calling on +44 (0) 1462 416866.
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your issue or complaint then you have the right, under Article 77 of the UK GDPR, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).
Governing Law and Jurisdiction