West Barn, Fairclough Hall Farm, Halls Green, Weston, Hitchin, SG4 7DP
CRM & Communities Manager
What you need to know
Every day, our mission is to make sure that pets enjoy an active life, for their whole life.
We are the experts in scientifically backed pet supplements with the UK’s No.1 joint supplement brand, YuMOVE, now supporting well over 1 million dogs.
We are ambitious in our mission and operate a fast-paced business. Our track record demonstrates just that with sales doubling over the last 2 years. We are on a journey to be the best known and most trusted dog mobility brand in the world and that takes focus, dedication and energy.
The position in a sentence
This position will work closely with the Product Development Manager on both existing and new product development, bringing near-to-market new products to rapid commercial launch, and will also conduct scientific research under the guidance of the R&D Lead to inform the earlier phases of product development.
What you'll need to deliver
- Performs literature reviews and writes scientific reports
- Sources and evaluates supplement ingredients to provide the optimal supply source
- Designs and co-ordinates research trials involving new and existing products
- Carries out data collection, data entry and basic data analysis
- With the support of the R&D lead and Product Development Manager, carries out critical scientific analysis of new ingredients and evaluates new processes and procedures
- Supports processes concerning manufacture of existing formulations- checking formulation certificates and raw material specifications etc.
- Liaises with ingredient suppliers, manufacturers, and research partners; ensures timelines are adhered to
- Participates in internal processes between R&D, Operations, Innovation and Marketing Teams to ensure smooth launch to market of new products
- Communicates with marketing about new product timelines, explains the scientific aspects of new products and creates technical dossiers
- Provides support to marketing, customer services and veterinary technical teams regarding the technical aspects of existing products
- Provides the link between R&D and marketing regarding the creation of product labels and provides accurate detail for the content of these
What you'll need to succeed
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant science, e.g. nutritional science, food science, biology, veterinary bioscience, animal science, pharmacology or biochemistry
- Knowledge and experience of conducting field based scientific research, either as part of an MSc or a PhD or via previous employment
- Understanding and experience of working with science within a commercial environment, such as in the animal feed, human food or nutritional supplement industry is preferred but not essential
- Ability to plan projects independently and delivering to fixed timescales
- You have experience in producing high quality scientific writing, report generation and critical analysis
- You have strong attention to detail and have an analytical mindset
- You have outstanding planning and time management skills and able to prioritize workload
- You are a team player – we’re a close-knit team!
To apply, please contact email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter.