How Yumega can help your dog's skin & coat in winter
Winter conditions can cause havoc for your dog's skin & coat:
- Dry Skin - winter conditions increase the rate at which water is lost through your dog's skin, causing their skin to dry out faster. This leads to dandruff and scurfy skin, and can cause itchiness.
- Excessive hair loss - big differences between temperatures outside and inside the house can trigger 'out of season' moulting cycles, leading to excessive hair loss.
- Damaged coat condition - harsh weather can take a toll on your dog's coat condition, causing it to dry out or lose condition.
Keeping your dog's skin & coat properly supplied with the right omega 3&6 oils can help your dog combat these challenging conditions.
Yumega helps your dog's skin & coat in 4 ways during winter:
- Improves coat condition - Yumega is high in the omega 3 ALA that keeps your dog's coat in great condition. Unlike fish oils, ALA is not used by other parts of the body, so its available to improve your dog's coat. And because it doesn't soften the coat, it's great for improving coat condition and texture in any breed.
- Reduces hair loss & improves coat growth - the omega 6 GLA plays a key role in the skin replenishment cycle, contributing to hair growth. By providing the key nutrition to keep your dog's hair follicles in an active growth phase, Yumega helps reduce excessive hair loss and encourage growth of your dog's coat.
- Replenishes dry skin - Yumega provides an omega 6 oil called Linoleic acid which is vital to your dog's skin moisture barrier. Shortages of this omega 6 can result in dry & flaky skin, made worse by winter conditions. By topping up the skin moisture barrier, it helps your dog's skin remain soft, supple and better prepared for the drying effects of winter.
- Supports skin defences - Vitamin E plays a key role in skin defences and must always be added when you add oils to your dog's diet. Yumega is rich in natural Vitamin E to mop up free radicals and improve your dog's skin defences.
If your dog's skin & coat is in need of some TLC this winter, make sure they are getting enough Yumega to keep their skin & coat in top condition and able to cope with these harsh conditions.
If you have found this article useful and think it could be of interest to your friends, please use these links to share this article: